E32. Two bedroom apartment overlooking St. George's Harbour
- SQM 1
Spring Price: (April 1 – May 27) $225 per night for up to 4 guests; $50 per night for a 5th guest. Minimum 3 night reservation.
Early Summer Price: (May 28 – July 1) $250 per night for up to 4 guests; $50 per night for a 5th guest. Minimum 3 night reservation.
Late Summer Price: (July 2 – Oct 31) $225 per night for up to 4 guests; $50 per night for a 5th guest. Minimum 3 night reservation.
Winter Price: (Nov 1 – March 31) $195 per night for up to 4 guests
*Summer rates apply during the holiday season, any reservation including dates from Dec 20 - Jan 5 will be at the summer rate*
Our pretty 2 bedroom apartment enjoys spectacular views over the harbour in the ancient town of St. George’s. Close to fine dining, public transportation (the ferry system and bus), parks and beaches you will also be able to stroll into town to collect groceries and supplies.
The apartment has a double bed, 2 single beds, and a roll-out Queen sofa in the living room. (Single beds are trundle beds, they cannot be put together to form a King sized bed). The bathroom is a tub/shower combination.
There are ceiling fans in all rooms and window air-conditioners in the bedrooms. No pets please.
Internet is available and the landline telephone can be used for local calls only. The apartment has satellite TV.
Laundry machines available for stays of 7 nights or more only. Full kitchen appliances including a French press and a Keurig. BBQ (gas grill) available. Beach towels are supplied.
Maid services are available for extra charge. Stairs mean that wheelchairs cannot be accommodated. There is a friendly Labradoodle dog on the property which is not permitted to go inside the apartment.
- Closest swimming beach? Tobacco Bay is a 5 min drive/ 20 min walk
- Closest convenience store? ( located at the bus stop)
- Closest grocery store? Somers Market
- Closest pharmacy? Robertsons
- Closest restaurant? Griffens or Tavern by the Sea
- Closest moped rental? Dowlings
- Closest bus/ferry stop? Bottom of Fort George Hill
The former capital of Bermuda, the Town of St. George’s will take you back nearly 400 years to 1612. Now a World Heritage Site, the town is the oldest continuously occupied settlement in the English New World. Buses run into Hamilton and beyond, and there is a ferry service into Hamilton as well. As the island is only 22 miles long, even at the sedate pace of 14 to 20 miles an hour, you can explore the entire island comfortably from your taxi, on the mopeds or by public transportation. For golfers, the Mid Ocean Golf Course or the new Tucker’s Point Resort (with some lovely dining options as well) are about 15 minutes away by taxi or bus. Ocean View in Devonshire, as well as many others further west (see website homepage for details) welcome last minute tee time inquiries as well!
Good shopping, restaurants, the waterfront, museums, churches, segway tours, beautiful beaches (Tobacco Bay, Achilles Bay, Fort St. Catherine’s Beach etc.) and the pubs and cafes are all located within walking distance. St. George’s has every convenience for the visitor combined with a beautiful harbour setting. There is a shuttle service available in St. George’s, and the main bus service is about a 5 minute walk and will take you to all points on the island. For the independent adventurer, there are several cycle liveries close by for those wanting to rent scooters or pedal bikes. Boat and land tours are available as well.
Dockyard (at the furthest western point of the island) is another splendid collection of buildings dating from the early 1800’s used by the British Navy to re-provision their ships. Now converted to museums, shops and artisans studios, a trip to Dockyard is a must- and to get there by ferry will combine the pleasures of a cruise, with stunning scenery and a fascinating glimpse into Bermuda’s colonial past.
Somers Supermart in St. George’s is a small but comprehensive little grocery store and you will be able to provide yourselves with decent meal from what they sell. For a wider choice or selection you have to head towards the centre of the island:
- The Supermart, Front Street, Hamilton (recommended as it carries Waitrose products)
- HQ for Somers Supermart
- Miles, Pitts Bay Road (Front Street West), Hamilton (for high end and expensive products)
- The Market Place – one closer to St. George’s in Shelly Bay and another in Hamilton on Church Street- probably the best prices.
- Lindo’s Supermarket, Devonshire- off Middle Road east of Hamilton- recommended.
We like Lindo’s and The Supermart but you need a taxi as both are a distance from the Hamilton bus terminal.
Alcoholic beverages can be purchased in St. George’s – All in Duke of York Street:
Somers Supermart, Burrows & Lightbourn (Chris West will help you out), Churchills.
Restaurants in St. George’s include:
- Wahoo: local with excellent international cuisine and great terrace on the water. Also good for a drink.
- CV Café: excellent coffee and good light lunches: also serves limited wine and beer
- Griffins: In the St. George’s Club. Highly regarded new chef.
- Wharf Tavern: Pub on the water with large terrace with pub food.
- White Horse: worth visiting for a drink by the water.
- Black Horse in St. David’s: good, local seafood restaurant
- Swizzle Inn, over the Causeway: famous for its rum swizzles and pub style food
- Tom Moores, over the Causeway: on the water but rather formal
Books: The Book Cellar: under Tucker House
There is a pharmacy in St. George’s which has a doctor’s office as well; Robertson’s on York Street Tel: 297-1828- newspapers & magazines, stationery, sweets and candies, cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
Other retail outlets:
- Island Shop: Somers Wharf, Bermuda items and gifts
- English Sports Shop: Water Street, fine clothes
- Davisons: Water Street, casual wear
- Vera P. Card: Water Street, paintings and porcelain
- Greg Nelms: Water Street, Interior design and interesting objects
- The Bermuda Perfumery: Queen Street, high quality perfumes made locally in an historic building
- Art studio: Featherbed Alley, Emma Dounouk, under Mitchell House
To visit in St. Georges:
- Visitors Service Bureau: in Town Square for all information and maps. Bus/Ferry tickets from the Post Office, Water Street
- Walk around the Old Towne, north of the main street: well preserved cottages and houses on narrow lanes. Marvelous 18thcentury architecture. A World Heritage site
- St. Peter’s Church: the oldest working Protestant Church in the Western Hemisphere
- Tucker House: a fine 18th Century house with original furniture
- Mitchell House: an eclectic museum of the St. George’s Historical Society in a fine old house
- Globe Hotel: the Confederate Museum
- World Heritage Centre: Film and displays on St. George’s World Heritage Site
- Fort St. Catherine: a 19th century fort now restored as a museum
- Gates Fort: another 17th century old fort at the entrance to St. George’s Channel
- Alexandra Battery: a 18-20th century battery of old fortifications
Beaches include St. Catherine’s Beach, Tobacco Bay (great for snorkeling and with a café), Clearwater Bay in St. David’s, and Cooper’s Island – a magnificent selection of beaches in a 77 acre park.
Walks: Cut Road, Ferry Reach Railway Trail, Clearwater Bay Nature Park
Bus/Ferry tickets are available from the Post Office in St. George’s. You can buy a card with 15 tickets. A 14-zone ticket takes you all over the island and on the ferries. Only tickets can be used, no cash.
At the top of the drive on the left is a bus stop for going into Hamilton: buses numbers 10 and 11 approx. every 15 minutes. Cross the road for St. George’s – all buses go there. When returning, make sure you ring the bell before you reach the stop.
Ferry services are from St. George’s at Penno’s Wharf, by the World Heritage Centre to Dockyard
Taxi: In Town Square or call 296-2121
Moped hire: Oleander in Duke of York Street, St. George’s
1 Bathroom, 2 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen
SleepingBed linen, 1 Double bed, 1 Fold-away bed, 2 Single bed
CookingCoffee machine, Cooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator
EntertainmentWireless Broadband Internet, TV (Satellite)
LaundryClothes dryer, Washing machine
Bermuda Accommodations Inc. is a small company who specialize in private home rentals in Bermuda exclusively. We hope to set you up with the perfect holiday accommodations!